Intern: Mechanical Engineer CAB Exterior (Summer 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our team as an Intern – Mechanical Engineer for CAB Exterior. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of CAB engineering. As a valued member of the team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering, design, purchasing and other groups. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the automotive industry. This position will report to the group manager for CAB Exterior.
- Solve real world engineering problems involving the design, testing and/or manufacturing of vehicle exterior parts and systems.
- Manage and administrate design solutions and ideas through a cross-functional network of people and processes in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and admin support to other members of the team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail: effectively managing multiple without compromising results
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
- Strong interest in Automotive/Trucking industry
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- This summer Internship requires 40 hours/week from May 13th – August 9th
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify