Intern: Embedded Software Application Engineer (Summer 2019)
Embedded Software Application Group EEVC North America is responsible for delivering technical solutions for electronics hardware and embedded software for hundreds of functions including body, brakes, suspension, steering, air production management & tire pressure monitoring for Volvo & Mack truck brands in North American markets.
We are now looking for potential and prospective candidates for 2019 summer internship. This program offers a great learning environment combined with hands-on work experience which will complement your academic knowledge while spending time with smart and fun loving colleagues.
- Work on some interesting real development projects guided by experienced colleagues, giving you an opportunity to learn about our development processes, be part of solving real problems, get answers to a lot of questions.
- Work on your own project which will support our ongoing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Learn about truck functionalities and understand how a truck is different from a passenger car.
- Visit factories and see how trucks are built.
- Network with a lot of professionals from other functions and get career guidance.
- Great opportunity to enhance your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills by working with people from highly diverse backgrounds.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Computer science/ Automotive/ Robotics engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Has strong engineering basics and fundamentals
- Experience with any programming language ( graphical or script based) – coding and software design
- Project experience involving design of electronics systems preferably utilizing Micro-controllers, sensors, actuators, communication modules to solve a real life problem.
- Innovative and think out of the box.
- Familiar with Microsoft office products.
- Ability to gather, analyze and present scientific information
- Team player and ability to lead with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Valid US Work authorization
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify