Class 2 / Cat C Driver (B&Q Hermiston Gait)
Class 2 / Cat C Driver at B&Q Hermiston Gait
Salary: £9.74 per hour
Guaranteed 40 hours per week, working 5 days Monday to Saturday
We are looking for a permanent Class 2 / Cat C Driver to join our driving team at the B&Q store in Hermiston Gait. We like to develop our talent, so for the right person we will support and train you to get your Hiab license within your first three months with us.
Typically during the winter you will be supporting the Store to Home delivery team at Hermiston Gait in a rigid vehicle, delivering to the customer’s room of choice with another Driver/Porter. During the summer you will drive one of our 26 ton Hiabs supporting the Tradepoint team with deliveries (if you don’t have your Cat C or a crane license, don’t worry, we’ll train you).
This role is key to our success. You will represent both the face of the customer and our business on a daily basis so we are looking for a highly motivated individual who can deliver exceptional levels of customer service and deliver our customer promise.
What you need to have:
- Class 2 / Cat C Driving License with no more than six points.
- Driver CPC and experience of driving commercial vehicles.
- Take pride in delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and on the phone
- Great at Problem Solving
- Current crane license (preferred, but we can train you)
- 5 weeks holiday
- Opportunity for Overtime in the summer at 1.5x hourly rate
- 45p per mile when covering at other stores (in the summer)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous B&Q discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate discounts
BRS Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
You will be part of passionate teams with a global, open and collaborative mind-set. You will experience a culture that empowers people.
Renault Trucks is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under brands such as Volvo, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.