This position will be accountable for retail sales and rentals of Volvo GPE equipment in a specified region. The incumbent in this position must be organized, a self-starter and an effective communicator that will create consistent and clear channels of communication with all department staff, customers, vendors and management.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following)
- Responsible for equipment sales and rentals to a customer base including heavy civil contractors, general contractors, building contractors, utility contractors, & municipalities
- Active participation in local industry associations
- Preparation of weekly sales forecasts
- Maintaining application and product expertise relative to customer base
- Completion of competitive business reports
- Develop targeted industry marketing programs as required
- Requires close working relationships with Product Support personnel and Rental Manager
- Responsible to forward competitive product information, pricing and industry changes to the Volvo Regional Team
- Develop and maintain product application expertise commensurate with Volvo standards on all products marketed by Volvo Construction Equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Must have at a minimum, a High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college in business administration or a related field is highly desired.
- 3-4 years of strong sales experience with construction industry products and knowledge in various types of ground engaging equipment, including, but not limited to excavators, wheel loaders, and articulated hauler trucks
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (e.g. language, mobility)
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
- Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 10lbs
- Occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs
- Will be exposed to noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment.
- Frequent Travel
With Volvo Construction Equipment, one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify